Saturday, March 14, 2009

8 year olds ROCK!



Today we celebrated Andy and Jake's birthday. The plan was to have a party Survivor-style at the park. Joey had all these team relay games planned and we were really looking forward to it. But, the weather had other ideas... after four days of rain, the ground was a little too saturated for outdoor fun.

So, in true-Redneck-style... we decided to have the party in our garage. We hooked the Wii up to the overhead projector and the kids played games and rocked out on Guitar Hero. None of it would have happened if Grandma and Grandpa from Louisiana hadn't helped get everything ready. Shirley (Grandma from Louisiana) made the Monster Cupcakes.

All in all, it was a fun party. The kids had a great time and according to Jake, it was "The best day EVER."

3 comments:

Chel said...

That is awesome!! how fun is that. Sara had a great garage party too one year and it was freezing cold. See ya in the morning!
Chel (Rachele Posey)

April said...

Rockin! Way to improvise!! I bet Joey was bummed he didn't get to do all his planned funnery. (yes, I said funnery! What?) At least you guys were able to use your garage - ours barely fits my car! (Its pretty bad. We try to ignore it)

Glad the boys had fun!!!

Care for an adult Wii night of our own?!?

The McGuire Family said...

I've been practicing on Guitar Hero and I already have two blisters on my hand from playing the drums... I'm all for an adult Wii night... it's too much fun. I'm addicted!

About the McGuire's

My photo
Fort Worth, Texas
Six people... one great adventure. A family's mission to live life with faith and love for other people.

Followers